- If you are new to the Highland school district, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of residency (most recent property tax bill, most recent utility bill, or signed and dated lease with proof of payment) before we can set up the information accounts for your child. The residency information should be taken to the building office where your child will attend school, or the Administrative Center if the building is closed. If you cannot provide any of the proof of residency listed above, you will need to complete a different form that will be available at the school’s offices or on the school’s website.
What to do checklist
- 1. Read theEnrollment Process for New and Returning Students. Contact the school your child will attend. Provide the school office
with an email address so they can send you the registration information.
2. Register forPowerSchool Registration InfoSnapwith the Snapcode you were given.
3. Use the information from the school office to setup your Power School Parent Portal. Click here to download the handout for
setting up the parent portal.
4. Create aMySchoolBucks account - This allows online payment of school fees and addition of lunch money to your child's account.
Access the school payment system at www.myschoolbucks.com.
5. Check your email for an InfoSnap letter that will give you directions on creating an InfoSnap account and allow you to complete
the registration for your child.
6. Check this link184.108.40.206/elinkrpafter Aug. 9th to verify your child's transportation information. The user name is your student’s
ID number, the password is the student’s birthday in the following format, mmddyyyy (example 06252001 for June 25, 2001).
7. After Aug. 9th login to thePowerSchool Parent Portalto view your child's class information.
In order to complete the 2018-19 online registration process, make sure that you have these key pieces of information before you start:
- Current physician and dentist information, including phone numbers.
- List of medications and special medical information for the school nurse.
- Current insurance information if your student(s) will be participating in middle school or high school athletic programs.
- List of parent/guardian information (phone, address, email) - including information for a spouse who is separated or divorced.
- Your child’s student number--most of the students will know this as their “lunch number.”
- Financial information if you are applying for free and reduced status.
Contact the school office if you do not have access to the parent portal.
2. MySchoolBucks - This allows online payment of school fees and addition of lunch money to your childs account. Access the
school payment system at www.myschoolbucks.com.
3. Check your email for a Registration Information letter giving you directions on accessing your PowerSchool Registration InfoSnap account and allowing you to complete the registration for your child. PowerSchool Registration InfoSnap login
4. Check this linkhttp://vtweb.tylertech.com/Highland/elinkrp/login.aspx after Aug. 9th to verify your child's transportation information. The user name is your student’s ID number, the password is the student’s birthday in the following format, mmddyyyy (example 06252001 for June 25, 2001).
5. After Aug. 9th login to thePowerSchool Parent Portalto view your child's class information.
Q. When can I register my student online?
A. Registration will be available online from July 1st until July 20th.State Law requires that students be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1st to be able to enroll in Kindergarten.
Q. When can I register my new student?
A. On July 10th school buildings will be open from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. for new students to receive information to register.
Q. How can I register online if I do not have a computer or internet access?
A. On July 17th the school buildings in the district will have computers available from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m for public access to complete the online registration process.
Q. How do I start the registration process?
A. You will receive a letter in the mail or via email that contains a "Snapcode" which you will be able to use to complete the registration process.
Teacher/Class listQ. How will I find out who my child's teacher is for the 2018-2019 school year?
A. Log into the Power School Parent Portal after Aug 9th to find out teacher/class information.
Q. How do I access PowerSchool for the first time?
A. Contact your child's school office for your account creation information then click here to download a handout that will walk you through this process.
Back to School Supply Lists