Student Support and Assistance Information
|ACT||College Board (AP/SAT)|
|College Board's Scholarship Database||FAFSA|
|FAFSA ID||Fastweb National Scholarship Database|
|Government Financial Aid||Illinois Association of College Admission Counselors|
|Illinois Student Assistance Commission|
Students must meet the following credit and course requirements to receive a diploma from Highland High School:
Students need the following credits to graduate: 25 credits
Graduation requirements are listed below.
- 4.0 English Credits, including English I, II, and III
- 3.0 Math Credits (Illinois law requires 3 years of Math, including Algebra and Geometry)
- 2.0 Science Credits
- 1.0 U.S. History Credit, including passing the US and IL Constitution Tests
- 1.0 World History Credit
- 1.0 Credit chosen from any of the following: Art, Music, Foreign Language, or Vocational Education
- 0.5 Health Credit
- 0.5 Civics Credit (for class of 2020 and beyond)
- One of the following courses to meet Illinois' Consumer Education requirement:
- 0.5 Credit: Personal Finance (junior or senior)
- 0.5 Credit: Economics
- 0.5 Credit: AP Economics
- 1.0 Credit: Agriculture Business Management (senior)
- Electives (your choice)
Parent Nights and College Fairs
Parent Night Dates:
- Freshman Day: Tuesday Aug. 6, 2019. 9:30 - 11 a.m. at HHS
- HHS Open House: Tuesday August 13, 2019. 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at HHS
- College Admissions Program: Tuesday Aug. 27, 2019. 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at HHS.
- ASVAB Test Date: Thursday Sept. 12, 2019 7:35am-12 in Kennel.
- FAFSA Financial Aid Overview Night: Wed Sept 18, 2019. 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at HHS.
- 8th Grade Parent Night: TBD
College Fair Dates:
St. Louis University (SLU) National College Fair:
Sunday Oct. 20, 2019 from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Address: 221 N Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Saint Louis, USA. http://10times.com/stlouis-national-college
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (SIUE) Regional College Fair:
Tuesday Oct 22, 2019 from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Address: Morris University Center Meridian Ballroom on campus.
The fair gives prospective college students and their parents the ability to meet with college representatives from more than 90 in-state and out-of-state colleges and universities. Financial aid representatives will also be on hand to answer questions. http://www.siue.edu/admissions/ircf-participants.shtml
Southwestern Illinois College Regional College Fair:
Feb 23, 2020 from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Address: Belleville Campus Varsity Gym, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, IL, 62221
High School students can meet with more than 100 colleges and universities and attend financial aid and transfer planning workshops.