The district is in need of substitute teachers. We pay sub licensed substitutes $100/day; teacher licensed subs $110/day and retired HCUSD #5 teachers $120/day.
In order to obtain a license you need to have either an associate degree or a bachelor's degree or higher. Here are the directions to obtain a license:
- Go to www.isbe.net
- Click on “Teachers”
- Click on “Log in to ELIS”
- Click on “Login to your ELIS account” under “Educator Access”
- Select “Click here for first time access to the ELIS system”
- Create a user name and password using your social security number, birthday and other personal information
- Once logged in, click on “Apply for a Substitute License” (if you have an associate degree, apply for a temporary substitute teacher license)
- Follow the steps in the application wizard. You will pay $50 plus a small convenience fee.
Send your official sealed copies of transcripts to us. It must be from a regionally accredited university, and it must show a bachelor’s degree or higher (or for the temporary license an associate degree). Send to our office at: Madison County ROE #41 157 North Main Street, Suite 438 Edwardsville, IL 62025
The license will take around 8 weeks to be evaluated and possibly issued. Once it goes from saying “pending review” to “issued” on your ELIS account – you may register your license. You simply click on registration and follow the steps and pay $50.00 plus the convenience fee. You must choose ROE 41 Madison County.
Once you have applied for a license, please complete the online application at:
Contact Dena Henricks at 618-654-2106 ext. 1002 to setup a time to complete paperwork or with any questions you may have. I can also submit a letter to the ROE to expedite your license.